September 24, 2013

colourQ #208

IMG_2521


The is one of three posts today, so if you are looking for my Fresh Squeezed Stamps Day 1 Release post or my CASology post just click on home to start from the beginning.

Happy Tuesday and time for this week's new colourQ!
We think you will have fun with this one as you have a say in the colours.




So what is your palette going to look like?

In the past I shied away for graphic cards and tended to only make cards that were cute or flowery.  I think the reason I didn't do graphic is because I didn't know how to get started.  With so many amazing crafters out there who do graphic so well, I sat up and paid attention.  Crafters like Cristina Kowalczyk and Laura Bassen inspire me to try over and over again.  I chose green as my 'one spot of colour' and used my new Papertery Ink set Autumn Pattern Pieces to create a graphic birthday card.


tracey_CQC208


Head over to the colourQ and see what the rest of the design team has in store for you this week. We hope that you join in the fun.


Cardstock:  White, Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Autumn Pattern Pieces, Stylish Sentiments Birthday (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
other: green sequins

22 comments :

Lynn said...

This is graphic and amazing! I love the end result Tracey!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Very cool modern vibe! Love this Tracey!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh i love this- i have the same color combo up for my card tomorrow!!! this is awesome- great job

Kim S said...

You do "graphic" beautifully!! I think it's very hard because the elements tend to have to be lined up perfectly - your Pattern Pieces are fabulous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo beautiful! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the bit of bling!!!!!!

Janet's Joy said...

I love your graphic card creation!

Joyce said...

You do graphic justice! Love this card. That bold pattern is just beautiful. What a fun challenge this week.

Marisa said...

Great graphic card!!

Deepti said...

Clean and simple beauty :)

Alanna said...

I love this. You rocked this graphic card.

Lisa Elton said...

You do graphic card SO WELL my friend!! Love the bling too ;)

Anonymous said...

Sooo cool and graphic, Tracey ... with just the perfect touch of bling ... love it! Anita :)

Colleen said...

Another winner, Tracey! I have yet to ink up that one stamp from the set...wonderful design!

Jen Mitchell said...

You do graphic so well! I love how you paired these images with the big sentiment! And the colors are fab too!

~amy~ said...

Awesome graphic card...love your choice of colors!

Sharron said...

Fabulous graphic design! It is so perfectly stamped and I love the bold sentiment!

Kim Heggins said...

Just fabulous Tracey! I love your take on the graphic look, you really rocked it.

Renee said...

Love this CAS beauty!
Graphic was the way to go with this fabby colors! :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Perfect sentiment for this card!

Kara said...

awesome! this is a cool cqc!

Unknown said...

Love this gorgeous stamping! Such perfect execution, too!

Kim said...

Beautiful clean design Tracey!!!