June 30, 2016

A Birthday to Die (Cut) for...

A Birthday to Die (Cut) for...


 


 It's time for the 12 Kits of Occasions June edition!
I can't believe that we are already half way through the year and another kit. Joyce Mehrberg sent all of us a fabulous kit full of amazing-ness! So many die cuts to create fun birthday themed cards and projects! She outdid herself and must have a sore arm from all that cranking! Thank you Joyce!

Here are the projects I created with this month's kit!


Detail with Wink of Stella on the flames:




I was out of town when I created this card and did not have any a craft mat, distress ink or a paint brush with me. I did however have a small cellophane bag, Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores Dye Ink cube and some Qtips! I smooshed some ink on to the cellophane bag, added some water to it and then used a Qtip as my paint brush to paint the layers of the circle sentiment. Then I flicked some of the watercolour on the card panel with the Qtip. Sometimes we have to make do with what we have--lol






Head over to the 12 Kits blog if you have t been there to see what the team has done this month!
Thank you Joyce for a fantastic kit!!

22 comments :

Birgit said...

What a fun assortment of cards here, Tracey! The stacked cakes are adorable!!

Marianne said...

That kit looks delightful and is just perfect for creating lots of quick and fun cards, judging from your fab set of cards.

Susi said...

Fabulous collection of birthday cards, Tracey!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Fun and festive cards, Tracey!!

richardbreaks said...

Super fun, Tracey! Love them.

Jeanne J. said...

Super fun kit and so many cool cards Tracey! Love your watercolor on the circle script - DOUBLE stacked cakes!!! SQUEEE!!! and the way you achieved such great balance on the papers. Some were too pretty to cover up!

Karen B. said...

Tracey these are all so much fun!

Teresa Doyle said...

These are fabulous! WOW!

Cat Craig said...

Looks like it was a fun kit to play with. Fabulous collection of birthday cards Tracey!

Bobby said...

We can always use more birthday cards and these are great, Tracey.

Joyce said...

Oh, you made so many cards. So fun to see each and every one. Am really LOVING your double layered cake. Now, that is a real birthday treat.

Becca Cruger said...

Well, if we ever do hit the apocalypse and we're out of power... I know just the crafter I'll look for! You sure swiss army knifed your way into a gorgeous lineup of cards!

Lindsey said...

I think you might be set for birthdays for a little while now! Such fun cards. :)

Nora Noll said...

These are AMAZING!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the fun cards you created from that awesome kit!!

Kim Heggins said...

Tracey...so many wonderful cards. Your double layer cake looks so yummy. Your black and white card is so sassy, love the wonderful look you created. You really know how to use candles...love your first two cards, so fun with the sparkle flames.

Anita in France said...

Fantastic cards with this brilliant kit, Tracey ... all of them! I'm awed by your creativity 'on the go' ... the swirley sentiment one with the qtip watercolouring is my fave! Hugs, Anita :)

Marybeth said...

Love the way you used Joyce's pretty birthday kit! That stacked cake is such a great idea! Of course you know I love them all!

Barb Ghig said...

No matter how busy or bold the papers are, your beautiful CAS style shines through every time, Tracey! I love how you played with your kit...Fabulous collection of cards!

Lisa Elton said...

Wasn't this is a fun kit to work with!! Love your assortment of cards Tracey!

Lindsey said...

Obviously I love the cake cards, but I think my favorite is your q-tip painted card (brilliant improvisation)! And I can't wait to case your Happy Wishes card. I just love it!

Jinny Newlin said...

SO FUN! I just love to see how you all interpret these kits so differently! Beautiful cards, love!